Beyonce’s new album, Lemonade, shows the true meaning of music

Dayton Juday

beyonce

Beyonce officially released her sixth album, Lemonade, on Saturday April 23 on HBO, but it was finally released on iTunes this past Monday April 25.  This controversial and meaningful album has everyone talking.

With the release of this album, people aren’t just talking about the sound of the music but more about the meaning about it.  The whole album shows Beyonce’s feelings about her marital status that she has with Jay Z.  With Jay Z being a very famous hip hop rapper, his marriage with Beyonce is very well known.

This album explains the dishonesty and mistrust that Beyonce and Jay Z have had over the years. There have been various rumors of Jay Z cheating on Beyonce.  In this album Beyonce expresses her feelings about this through her songs.  

With the collaboration of a few artists she is able to tell this story in a brilliant way.  This album isn’t just the pop style that Beyonce is known for.  She mixes in a various amount of genres including a country, hip hop, rock and jazz.  This diverse variety puts emphasis on the points she is trying to show.

The beginning of the album are the tough, sad songs that Beyonce is showing her frustrating feelings through. For example, she shows this rage in the song “Don’t Hurt Yourself”. In this rock style type song she says to Jay Z “this is your final warning, if you try this again, you gon’ lose your wife”.  This is one of the many statements she is trying to make to Jay Z.

Then towards the end of the album she explains how she is giving Jay Z another chance and how she has healed herself from the problems.  Through the ups and downs she has still found peace between them.  In the song “All Night” she says “our love was stronger than your pride”.  Showing that their marriage still has a chance.

Through the amazing lyrics and meaning of each song it makes this album fascinating in all ways.  With the combination of the various styles of each song and the great meaning behind them, this album is one of Beyonce’s best albums to date.

5 out of 5