Arts, Crafts and Gifts Show returns Nov. 5

Bryan Cassem, Staff Writer

The Arts, Crafts and Gifts Show is an event that has now become a tradition for Mustangs, and this year it will be held on Saturday, Nov. 5, at the school from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Activities Director Nikki Smith can answer any questions about the upcoming event.

“This event is a great opportunity to shop for the Christmas holidays,” Smith said.

Smith also said anyone can sell their items, but only one trademarked vendor per product is allowed at the show (such as Pampered Chef or Tupperware).

The holiday shopping event will have several different items for people to browse. Many will be unique because many items that vendors sell are hand-crafted. No resale items are permitted to be sold at the event.

“There are a variety of items: wreaths, homemade jewelry, doll clothes, crystals, essential oils and health products, candles, stuffed animals, wooden products, paintings, youth and adult clothing and vendors like Tupperware and Mary Kay,” Smith said.

“It is open to everyone and free to the public. Since there are such diverse products, there is something for all ages,” Smith said. This will be the fourth annual Arts and Crafts Show. She also said that hundreds of people have come to this event in the past.

According to Smith, the money goes toward the Mustang Association, the official alumni association for Portage Central. The Board of Directors then donates back to programs at the school because their goal is to support students.

Smith said this year the Mustang Association contributed to the Student Ambassadors to attend Pretty Lake Camp. They also gave money to all the classes in support of Homecoming.