Schedules to be released in the fall

Student schedules for the 2017-18 school year will be available to students just prior to the start of school on Tuesday, Sept. 5.

Most student schedules are assembled; however, due to final adjustments that occur over the summer, access to schedules will be restricted until the fall.

“For example, a teacher could win the lottery and decide not to come back next school year,” guidance counselor Lisa Jepson said.

Though access won’t be granted until the beginning of the school year, schedule change forms will be available to students on the first day of school. Students will have the opportunity to change their schedule up to the fifth day of school, and on the sixth day only level changes are permitted.

Last summer, student schedules were released early in July by accident through a mistake in Skyward. Students were able to see their tentative schedules on the portal; however, this will not be the case with the 2017-18 school year.

“I liked getting my schedule early in July so I could know what classes I have with my friends before school starts,” junior Chris Styrlund said.

Unfortunately, the easiest way for counselors to finalize schedules over the summer is to restrict them until all classes and teachers are confirmed.