Freshman class to receive school IDs this week in time for fall formal

An explanation as to why distribution of IDs are so delayed this school year

The freshman class has not been in possession of a proper school ID for the majority of the school year so far.

Ellie Hamilton, Staff Writer

That new feeling of getting a high school ID is an amazing feeling. Sadly, this year the freshman have yet to feel it.

The new freshman IDs have still not come in. With printer difficulties and business of the new school year, the freshman IDs have not been a top priority of the staff. Some freshman have had their doubts of when they are going to get their IDs and hope to get them before the fall dance.

“I’m not really mad about the student ID because I haven’t need to use it yet,” freshman Maddy Grueter said. Grueter had trouble getting into the homecoming dance and hopes that the IDs will get here before the fall formal.

“We had issues early on with the printer,” attendance office staff Ryan Hamet said. Along with the technical difficulties, the attendance office has also been very busy with the hussle of the new school year, which has caused a delay in the getting the IDs. Though the freshman are in possession of IDs, they are old ones from middle school. Hamet didn’t feel it was as important to get their new IDs until they absolutely needed them.

Next Saturday is the fall formal and Hamet plans to have them out before the dance. He plans to print them Friday, November 3th. He also plans to hand them out next week around Tuesday, November 7th.

Don’t worry freshman, your nice new IDs will be in your hands very soon, just in time for the fall formal!