Eight seniors confirm their decision to play at the next level on National Signing Day

Seniors Carson Hodge, Nick Kolberg, Josie Muffley, Mackenzie Zook, Hannah Corwin, Trinity Cumo, Emma Engle, and Kylee Taylor sign side by side at the table in confirmation to play their sport at each of their respective future schools.

Jame Johnson IV

Jame Johnson IV

Jack Juday, Sports Editor

National signing day which took place on Nov. 8, is a very special day for many high school student-athletes. It is an opportunity to ensure a chance at continuing their educational and athletic careers at the next level, doing so in front of family and friends.

Eight students signed with colleges yesterday to play a variety of sports, including lacrosse, softball, swimming and diving, baseball and volleyball.

One of those eight athletes was Mackenzie Zook, who signed with University of Michigan – Dearborn to play volleyball.

“I am excited to experience a different lifestyle and play at the next level,” Zook said.

Zook played volleyball for four years, and finished her last season with the mustang team last week.

Alongside Zook at the signing table yesterday were seniors Hannah Corwin, Trinity Cumo, Emma Engel, Carson Hodge, Nick Kolberg, Josie Muffley and Kylee Taylor.

Nick Kolberg will be attending Northwood University next year to play baseball, and knows that life will be hard away from home.

“I am going to miss coming home everyday and sleeping in my own bed,” Kolberg said.

These students not only will be representing themselves, but will be representing the high school they came from as well. Everyone knows they will represent the mustang way wherever they may go from this point onwards.