Vinnie’s hosts competition for new logo

Our school cafe, Vinnie's will be revamping their design, taking submissions from student artists up until the 12th of January.

Kaoru Murai

Kaoru Murai

Isabella Wilson, Editor-In-Chief

Vinnie’s will be hosting an art competition to select it’s new logo this month. After the change in ownership at the beginning of the year, the new staff of Vinnie’s is ready for a change.

“When we took ownership at the start of the school year, we needed a way to take ownership and make Vinnie’s part of the library now,” librarian Sara Brown said.

The contest for a new logo will take place for the month of December, and decisions will be made following Winter Break.

“In the new logo we’re looking for something that exemplifies Vinnie’s, which is a warm, welcome space that’s inclusive and flexible,” Brown said. “If down the line, we start serving something different, we will have this option that isn’t completely tied to coffee.”

The entire student body is encouraged to participate in the contest, with the only requirement being a creative mind.

Brown said the design should be homegrown and self-made.

“It could have a literary element, because it’s part of the library now,” Brown said. “It could involve a slogan, some school spirit, a character, or a creative design.”

Voting will take place during the week of Jan. 15, including a vote from students and staff.

Entries will be accepted from now until Jan. 12, giving everyone a chance to leave his or her legacy on the school for years to come. The winner will be announced Jan. 19.