PC Anime Club radiates a sense of community for a positive cause

Learn about what our official "Anime Club" through an inside look

The official PC Anime Club takes on and discusses a wide variety of anime, such as the globally popular,

The official PC Anime Club takes on and discusses a wide variety of anime, such as the globally popular, "Attack on Titan." (Pictured)

Artwork by Kaoru Murai

Artwork by Kaoru Murai

Hayden Bernardine, Staff Writer

Our students have a large amount of extracurricular activities available to participate in. Ranging from sports to the arts, there is no shortage of ways for students to get involved at school.

The PCHS Anime Club is one of the niche after school activities open to everyone who is interested. In this club, students meet to watch, share, and discuss a wide variety of anime: a globally popular type of animation and entertainment originating from Japan.

The club was founded in 2012 and started off as a place for friends to watch one specific anime series together. Six years later, the club has now evolved into a place where club members watch all types of anime at different points on the spectrum.

“I first joined it when I heard about it,” senior Skyler Hall said. “ and I continue to go to it because I learn about more animes.”

One of the biggest misconceptions about the anime club is that their meetings never end up coming to fruition. However, members are able to gain an abundance of insight into their subjects through heated discussions. One of the highlights of this club is the fact that members have a place to share their opinions on different series and also discover new ones to watch.

The club, supervised by Mrs. Hoffman holds its meetings in the same room that she teaches driver’s education.

“Sometimes she’ll be teaching a drivers ed course,” club president Dillon Wheeler said “or she will have a meeting that forces her to not be there at all.”

The anime club welcomes anybody to come and participate in the next meeting. Meetings are held every Monday in Mrs. Hoffman’s room right after school.