School librarian Sara Brown receives $1K from Midwest Energy & Communications in aid for CommuniTeen Read program

School librarian Sara Brown received a $1000 check from Midwest Energy  Communications on behalf of the school to further the PC reading program on Jan. 10.

School librarian Sara Brown received a $1000 check from Midwest Energy Communications on behalf of the school to further the PC reading program on Jan. 10.

Paige Berry

Paige Berry

Kaoru Murai, Social Media Editor & Website Manager

Our librarian, Sara Brown is known for her extensive work in the school library and Portage community to increase literacy for both students and community members alike. The annual CommuniTeen Read program is just one out of the many projects Brown undertakes on behalf of the school. Her efforts were publicly recognized on Jan. 10, by the local utility company Midwest Energy & Communications in the form of a generous donation towards the school reading program. Pictured above is Brown receiving a $1000 check from Midwest Energy on behalf of the school.  This donation is planned to be used in order to further Brown’s CommuniTeen Read program.

1 Comment

One Response to “School librarian Sara Brown receives $1K from Midwest Energy & Communications in aid for CommuniTeen Read program”

1. Bette kienbaum on January 18th, 2018 5:46 pm

Wonderful Sara ! I don’t think many people realize how much more than collect book fines our librarians do. P.C. Is lucky to have you and know it. Bette

• School librarian Sara Brown receives $1K from Midwest Energy & Communications in aid for CommuniTeen Read program

News & Student Life

Breadlift coming this weekend to save lives of premature babies and their mothers

News & Student Life

Support the fight against breast cancer at the “Pink Out” game on Friday night

News & Student Life

Democrats club joins forces with the Portage Northern Democrats

News & Student Life

First blood drive of the year coming on Thursday

News & Student Life

PSAT briefing and tips for the junior class

News & Student Life

Gardening Club “blooms” into the new school year with an abundant harvest

News & Student Life

Students´ thoughts on the new schedule

News & Student Life

Why won’t PCHS “take out the trash” on the first day of school ?

News & Student Life

PHOTO GALLERY: Some moments from the class of 2018 rideout ceremony

News & Student Life

Vinnie’s begins selling t-shirts and expanding business throughout the school