2017~18 Winter musical “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” successfully opened Friday night

Courtesy of Amazon UK

Bryan Cassem, Entertainment Editor

The Portage Central Theatre Department is bringing the musical “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” to life. This is the story of an inventor named Caractacus Potts (played by senior John Hart) and his children Jemima and Jeremy who have a flying car that they call Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The Vulgarians, residents of the fantasy world Vulgaria, want the car for themselves and wind up causing problems for the Potts family. As well as plenty of comedic action, there is also a love story present between Caractacus and a young woman named Truly Scrumptious (played by senior Kate Morrissey).

The first show was on Friday at 7:30 pm, along with other performances this weekend on Saturday at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm, and Sunday at 2:00 pm, with the same times next weekend as well. Tickets are $18 dollars for adults and $16 for children, and are sold at the box office located in the Commons and at Portage Central Theatre Department’s website, pchsperformingarts.org. Student night is next Thursday at 7:00, where students can get in for $5. The shows will be held in the Portage Central auditorium. Make sure to show your support for our Portage Central Theatre Department as tickets are selling quickly!