Stand up to end gun violence: update and information on PC’s official school walkout

Courtesy of the Women's March

Courtesy of the Women's March

Bella Pedraza, Editor-In-Chief

Members of Student Council, Democrats Club and Republicans Club met Thursday finalize the details of the walkout to occur on Wednesday, March 14. The walkout will advocate to end gun violence as well as promote safety in schools. The event is as follows:

When: At 10 a.m. on Wednesday, students will be permitted to leave the school

Where: Sidewalks surrounding the school on Centre and Westnedge

Duration: Students must be in their fourth hour class when the bell rings

What to bring: Posters, signs, banners etc. supporting student safety in schools

Students must remain on school property and return to their fourth hour class by the time the bell rings to avoid unexcused absences.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Stand up to end gun violence: update and information on PC’s official school walkout”

1. Ranya on March 8th, 2018 7:28 pm

I am very proud of you kangaroo and bella amazing work <3

2. Terry Henderson on March 14th, 2018 10:11 am

“Don’t trust that walking out of school will bring an answer. Gun control or more laws is not, and will not, be the answer. You are the answer. Your greeting, your smile, your gentle human touch is the only thing that can change the world of a desperate classmate who may be contemplating something as horrendous as a school shooting. Look past yourself and look past your phone and look into the eyes of a student who no one else sees. Meet the gaze of a fellow human being desperate to make contact with anyone, even just one person. You. If you really feel the need to walk, walk toward that person. Your new friendship can relieve the heartache of one person and in doing so, possibly prevent the unjustifiable heartache of hundreds of lives in the future. I know you. I trust you. You are the answer.” http://www.ktsa.com/open-letter-teacher-students-walking/