2018 PC Health & Wellness Fair coming up this Friday in the library

A furry friend from Paws With A Cause will be visiting the Health & Wellness Fair this Friday, and will be available for students to meet throughout the day.

Courtesy of State Farm

Courtesy of State Farm

Zach Bumgarner, Sports Editor

All students looking for an enjoyable time this Friday should make their ways to the school media center. With the help of our school librarian Sara Brown, Portage Central will be hosting its annual Health and Wellness Fair.

We believe that health is an important part of a person’s well-being and wanted to do something fun for staff and students near the end of the year,” Brown said. “It provides the opportunity for students to share their knowledge by participating as a ‘presenter’ or to visit the wellness fair and meet community members who advocate for health as well.”

There is tons to expect for those that are planning on attending. Eight stations will be held, each with something different.

Some of the stations include PC Yoga Club, Aligned Care Chiropractic, and Paws with a Cause. This is only a tiny sample as there will be many more stations.

Another attraction at the Fair are the prizes that visitors can receive by going to stations.

“At each station you should get a punch on your card and at the end make sure your name is on it and submit it into the drawing for a prize. We have 6 prizes to distribute and will find you the following week in class if you are a winner,” Brown said. “ You get as much out of this as you put in. If you choose not to participate, it won’t be very interesting or insightful, but if you walk around and talk to people at the tables you will have a great time.”