Grab a cup of tea and say “Hello” to our newly elected 2018~19 Student Council officers

Sylvie Croteau, Kaoru Murai

Sylvie Croteau, Kaoru Murai

Sylvie Croteau, Staff Writer

The votes have been counted, and the newest lineup of our Student Council officers have been announced. Take a moment to meet each of them, and hear what they would like to tell the Mustang student body regarding their leadership for next year.

President: Brady Mills, Grade 11

Job Description: Oversees the five committees that make up Student Council and acts as an overseer into all of the projects that they take on.

Message to the student body: “I’ve been hearing a lot lately that people don’t know what student council does, and that makes me sad. Student council is doing a lot for the school, even if it’s behind-the-scenes things.”

Vice President: Michael Verduzco, Grade 11

Job Description: Works directly under the President and helps with the management of the different events and projects that Student Council takes on.

Message to the student body: “We’re looking forward to making the events fun next year, working with the parliamentarian, making homecoming better.”

Parliamentarian: Hannah Geerlings, Grade 10

Job Description: Work on organizing all of the big events such as the Sadie Hawkin’s dance, fall and winter formals, and homecoming.

Message to the student body: “We’re going to make homecoming very fun. I know that we’re going to be at Northern for homecoming, but we’ll make it work.”

Secretary: Cara Haas, Grade 9

Job Description: Works as the social media booster; the Secretary makes and organizes the various media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook.

Message to the student body: “Follow those accounts and make sure that they’re keeping up with what they can do so everyone stays informed, because that’s what I want.”

Treasurer: Abby Lawler, Grade 10

Job Description: Keeps an ongoing record of the expenses of student council activities and events.

What would you like to tell the whole school? “There’s so much to do that it’s always a good thing to try to get to participate in them, like the dress-up days. You’re only in high school once, you might as well do the cheesy, fun stuff.”