The thrilling murder mystery, “CLUE” opens this weekend in time to get in the Halloween spirit

A snapshot from the

A snapshot from the "Clue" dress rehearsal.

Bridget Doyle

Bridget Doyle

Caroline Maier, Staff Writer

The fall musical “CLUE” will be opening on Oct. 26 and will continue for the next two weekends on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm. Tickets are available online at pchsperformingarts.org or in person at the ticket booth on show night.

Student night is Oct. 30 at 7:30 pm and is Halloween themed to go along with the play’s murder mystery plot. The special effects will helps enhance the eerie feel in hopes to get the students into the Halloween spirit. All showings will take place at the school auditorium.

“CLUE” is a murder mystery: six guests are invited to Boddy Manor, in which they become the suspects of a murder within the manor. As they progress to unlock the truth, the suspects wreak more chaos.

The story is based off of the popular board game featuring the same iconic characters.

Lead cast members include senior Nick Wheeler as the butler, senior Brady Mills as Colonial Mustard, junior Jada Thrash as Mrs. White, senior Kathryn Fulton as Mrs. Peacock, sophomore Gavin Thrash as Mr. Green, junior Angela Postula as Miss Scarlet, and senior Matthew Fackler as Professor Plum.

Bridget Doyle
The student stage crew is in stand by as they adjust the effects to go along with the on-stage action,

The play is made up of a cast of 10 people, but many more people help out behind the scenes. The crew

who operates transitions and special effects is made up of all students, with no adults or professionals. The student crew has created all special effects that enhance and help the actors get into character.

“The all student crew has been working hard on mastering all the tricky transitions between the scences in the show as well as the timing of the light and sound cues,” says senior Nick Wheeler. “They are doing a truly awesome job.”