The Best and Worst of Our PC Years

Max Eley, Staff Writer

In light of everything new happening in our community and our school year ending so soon, seniors Ben Cunningham, Emma Grace Furgason and John Yates share their thoughts and memories about their career in high school. There will always be value in listening to student opinions when it comes to improving our school, in order to make it fun, inclusive and special for everybody who wears our blue and gold. These students each mention an aspect they would change, something that they loved and their advice for future seniors. 

Courtesy of Ben Cunningham Senior Ben Cunningham

Something you feel could be changed?

Cunningham

“I never quite understood why students need to pay to park in the student parking lot. It just seems a little unreasonable at the high school level.”

Furgason

“I would add in more types of gym classes to the schedules. Maybe yoga or Zumba for people who aren’t as athletic, just different variations so people have more to choose from. I think then people would be more inclined to try a gym class and feel more comfortable doing their choice.”

Yates

“Open up the parking lot earlier after school, and make clubs more interesting, like maybe have a day where students can see all the clubs to join to make it so that more students do them.”

Something special that you LOVED about school?

Cunningham

I really love how personal the teachers are. One of their top priorities is to establish genuine relationships with the students and it really shows.

Courtesy of Emma Grace Furgason Senior Emma Grace Furgason

Furgason

I loved the community. I feel like there were always teachers reaching out and checking in on me and my peers. During this whole stay-at-home I had teachers telling me how much they missed us and I think that was really special. Also, students are willing to reach out and help others and that makes me really happy.

Yates

I really like the teachers; I feel as though they actually care about your success.

Any advice for future seniors?

Cunningham

If nothing else, get involved in the student sections at sporting events. It seriously influences the course of the game and it’s a great outlet to truly enjoy your class and your school.

Furgason

I would say to cherish every moment and memory. Obviously some of the most important “lasts” can be taken away so quickly so make sure you really appreciate everything that happens senior year.

Senior John Yates Courtesy of John Yates

Yates

Work hard and keep focus, but enjoy your senior year. There really isn’t much to worry about college-wise because there are so many out there, and you will come to like wherever you go.