Fall football season to be broadcasted this year on NFHS

Max Eley, Staff Writer

McCamley field is going virtual this year!

As it stands currently, football is going to be broadcasted onto the NFHS network to allow for social distancing while watching live games in real time.

In order to be able to view each game, it’s necessary to subscribe to the NFHS network channel. The cost for the station is $10.99 per month, which will ultimately cover all live streamed varsity football events if one were to sign up on Sep. 24. 

To get started, head over to https://www.nfhsnetwork.com, and select ‘Subscribe’ in the top right hand corner. It will then allow an option for a monthly $10.99 subscription to be activated. 

The NFHS network is easily accessible. It’s available by the free ‘NFHS Network’ app for both apple and android. It’s also a free downloadable application for Roku, Apple TV and Fire TV. If none apply, it can also be reached simply by going to https://www.nfhsnetwork.com

Once subscribed, type ‘Portage Central High School’ in the search bar to find our school’s scheduled games. Football will be the only sport to be broadcasted on this network.

Each game will be broadcasted via the Pixellot camera currently stationed at McCamley field. For now, real time video and audio of each game are the only things being recorded onto the streaming network, though Athletic Director Joe Wallace stated that there are possible plans for additional features.

“Nothing is certain yet,” Wallace said. “However it’s most important to follow @pcmustangsports on twitter, instagram and facebook for score updates and additional information for each game.”

The idea of having student commentators and live score graphics are being discussed, however it will probably not be available for the first broadcasted event. 

Make sure to get subscribed by Sep. 24 in order to view this Friday’s game on Sep. 25 at 7:00 p.m. against Lakeview High School.

PC: Gwen De Young